Wednesday, January 25, 2006

We can make copies of your boots

Of interest to those of you who what to have us copy a pair of movie, TV ,
rock band, WWII or whatever boots. This was and email that came in recently from someone asking us just that question.I have included the answerfrom jim@motorcowboy.com
Question;
My name is Robert and I have again ordered a few more pair of boots, Patton and the 1936 RAF pattern boots. Your build quality and materials are excellent, and I wanted to know what your policy is on replicating boots. I am in the process of acquiring some German flight and desert (DAK) boots of WWII vintage. As is always the case these boots are a collectors items, but I would like to have them reproduced to fit my feet. I know that there is a small market of re-enactors that would also like to see these boots made. All I have found is the Officer riding boot and the army personal marching boots, but no one out there is producing the flight and desert boots. Would your craftsmen be able to do such a request? I look forward to receiving my pair of boots and hopefully working with you on these new patterns. Thank you, Robert
Answer;
Hello Robert,Yes we would be interested in replicateing the boots.The absolute best way to replicate your boots is to have one of the boots ,inhand, and than we can duplicate that boot in your size and hopefully sella few more also as we develop the boots. If you do not have a copy of the real thing,do you have photos or website you can send me to? WE CAN BUILD ANYTHING WE CAN SEE. Without the actual boot we will have to have many pictures from all angles.By all means send us one boot.I will need an order so I will send you a url where you can order and sendyour measurements. Please let me know when you receive the boots.
Best Regards,
Jim Evans
Gary Evans 888-613-8893